Ensuring the best possible emergency health care throughout Southeast Alaska.
SEREMS Council is a non-profit, grant funded organization that provides the following services in Southeast Alaska:
- Annual Symposium
- Certification Examination
- Technical Assistance
- Instructional Materials
- American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center
- Alaska Comfort One Program
IMPORTANT UPDATE TO ALL OF SEREMS’ AFFILIATED AHA INSTRUCTORS:
Effective November 1, 2017
On Oct. 3, with no advanced notice, the AHA made some significant changes. Here are the details:
There will be no ‘library’ of books allowed for any of the Heartsaver courses. The ability of fire departments, EMS agencies, hospitals that train only their employees will be allowed to continue with BLS, ACLS and PALS materials.
The AHA has mandated that all Heartsaver classes purchase and provide their students with manuals that will belong to the student.
The AHA decreased the cost of all Heartsaver books but they have increased the cost of each Heartsaver card significantly. Those costs will be $3.00 for the HS books and $20.00 for each HS card.
Because the AHA mandates that instructors be observed teaching prior to their instructor renewal, the SEREMS Executive Committee has decided to raise the cost of BLS provider cards to $20. This increase is to offset the costs SEREMS incurs providing the monitoring necessary. BLS book costs will not increase.
ACLS and PALS cards and books will remain the same and will not have an increase.
All SEREMS affiliated instructors will be required to use the Enrollware site to enter completed rosters.
- Job Opening (Interior Region EMS Council): Fiscal & Business Operations Manager
- Training: Information and resources for child maltreatment in Alaska. Link
- AHA Instructors: 2015 AHA materials have arrived in the SEREMS office. To place an order or for more information, please fill out an order form and email it to Thor Christianson or call SEREMS with questions.