Ensuring the best possible emergency health care throughout Southeast Alaska.
SEREMS Council is a non-profit, grant funded organization that provides the following services in Southeast Alaska:
- Annual Symposium
- Certification Examination
- Technical Assistance
- Instructional Materials
- American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center
- Alaska Comfort One Program
- EMT Instructor Transition Webinars will take place over the next months. The webinars will cover cover changes in instructor recertification. Please contact the State EMS office with questions. Currently, there are three webinars scheduled:
- February 18th, 10am-Noon
- March 9th, 7pm-9pm
- March 15th, 1pm-3pm
- SEREMS will be having an AHA Instructor course Feb. 4th in Sitka, at the Trooper Academy. Students must have a current BLS Provider card. If they do not, a BLS Provider card is being provided Feb. 3rd. Cost is $200/student.
- SEREMS will be having an ETT Instructor course April 11-13 in Sitka. Cost is $400/student. Please contact SEREMS for prerequisites or questions.
- Code Blue Applications will be due back by Mid-March. Please contact SEREMS for any questions or concerns.
- AHA Instructors: Please visit the AHA Instructors Menu to read important, time-sensitive changes.
- Southeast Region EMS Pre Symposium will be April 13-14, 2016, and Symposium April 15-17, 2016, in Sitka. Lodging and travel information has been updated under the Symposium menu. Please check back for registration and class information.
Gustavus Volunteer Fire Department
Gustavus is known as the “Gateway to Glacier Bay National Park,” located in the northern part of Southeast Alaska. Gustavus Volunteer Fire Department has approximately 30 volunteers department wide and responded to approximately 70 EMS calls in 2014. Gustavus is a State of Alaska certified ambulance service. For more information on Gustavus Fire and Rescue, visit their website.